An important message to all our customers
The Directors of National Storage are sensitive to the concerns that companies and individuals may have with regards to the confidentiality, security and use of their personal information collected by the various group companies via operations and our web sites, and would like to reassure you of our position on this matter.
National Storage has prepared its policies and procedures, in accordance with Schedule 3 of The Privacy Act 1988 to ensure that personal information is protected.
What information does National Storage hold?
National Storage only holds information relevant to the contractual arrangements between itself and the customer. Our records include information that identifies you (like your name and address) and other information supplied by you. We may also hold or collect information from other sources such as credit agencies and/or the Self Storage Association of Australasia.
For all customers, we keep records of all instances of access to the storage centre as well as records of account transactions. We collect this information from you.
How does National Storage use this information?
We use your personal information to:
· Ensure the security of your goods stored in our storage centre
· Efficiently manage and administer our services to you
· Ensure our internal business operations are running smoothly and we fulfill all legal requirements
What rights does National Storage have to disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
· Our external service providers who provide services to us. This is on a confidential basis and may include, for example, organisations that provide specialist computer support, insurance brokers, insurance companies and mailing houses
· Government departments
· Law enforcement agencies, including the police
· Any person who can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the centre, a legal or equitable interest in the goods stored
· Liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer the Storer's financial affairs
· Debt collection services
· The Self Storage Association of Australasia
· Your alternate contact person
· Agents for any of the above
By continuing to store with National Storage, you consent to us obtaining, maintaining, using and disclosing your personal information as set out in this document.
What are your rights?
You can request access to the personal information that we keep on file. If you believe that any information is out of date or incorrect, you may ask us to correct it. We may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request to access your information.
If you have any further questions about this privacy statement, please call us on (07) 3218 8100.