Packing Your Storage Space Efficiently
· Plan your storage space.
· Place those items that you need to access often in the front of the unit.
· If you're a company representative accessing material quite often, it is recommended that you allow for walking and moving space within the unit, to make access to everything easier.
· Leave a small space around the perimeter of your storage unit to aid circulation.
· Ensure that heavy items aren't leaning against the walls of your unit as this can cause damage.
· Utilise all of the space available to you, including the height.
· Stack the lighter boxes on top of the heavier boxes. Don't over-pack a carton or it will be too hard to lift or rearrange in the unit when adding additional items and removing needed ones.
· Be sure to pack cartons so they are evenly balanced and won't tip over and cause damage to the things within.
· For security reasons, don't label cartons with content details, rather make a list and number the boxes, listing what is in each box. (You could even ask the storage centre manager to keep a copy on file for you.)
· If tables won't disassemble, lay the tabletop face down on the floor with the legs pointing up. Be sure to protect the tabletop.
· Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard, blankets or plastic covers to protect against dust.
· Don't place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
· Never lay paintings or mirrors flat. Ensure they are wrapped or placed in proper picture/mirror cartons and marked ‘FRAGILE'.
· TO ENSURE SAFE STORAGE: Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e. paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
· Do not store any living things (including plants), or perishable goods (especially foodstuffs).
· Empty petrol from mowers, whipper snippers, etc.
· Ensure gas bottles are empty and BBQ or cooking surfaces are clean
| Terms & Conditions
| Forward to a Friend
| Print Page
Copyright © 2011 National Storage
| Digital Agency