Written text version of infographic:
Packing for a move is rarely fun, but you can make it a little easier with the right strategy.
Follow our ultimate guide to packing efficiently for a smoother move.
Choose the Best Boxes
The right boxes and supplies will make your packing process a whole lot easier.
- Use smaller boxes for heavy items (like books) and larger boxes for light items (like clothes).
- Rely on specific boxes for special items (like archive boxes for documents and port-a-robes for your fancy suits).
- Invest in high-quality boxes (you’ll regret being a cheapskate when your DVD collection spills out on the road!)
Stock Up on Fragile Essentials
Keep your breakables safe with the right packing materials and techniques.
- Bubble wrap
- Glass socks
- Poly foam
- Packing paper
- Fragile tape
- Wine carton insert
Top Tips for Packing Fragile Items
- Place heavier items at the bottom of a box and lighter items on top.
- Place plates, saucers and bowls on their sides in boxes, with foam sheets or bubble wrap on the bottom.
- Add poly foam between each crockery item.
- Fill any excess space in the box with packing paper so things can’t jiggle around.
- Label your boxes “Fragile” or use “Fragile” tape.
Label Your Boxes
Be specific with your labels to make unpacking easy. Label boxes by room, contents and importance.
When you’re putting your boxes into your car, trailer or moving truck, think strategically. Don’t just rush all your boxes in as you go. Place larger and heavier boxes first as a foundation, then build up from there.
Does your home have more stuff than space? It’s time to get a self-storage unit. Discover our affordable, flexible options here and book today.