Big hits, big wickets, big crowds – the Big Bash is living up to its name. If you’re anything like us, the edge of your seat has gotten a real workout in each and every game this season.
- Perth Scorchers (6 points from 4 matches)
- Brisbane Heat (6 points from 4 matches)
- Sydney Sixers (6 points from 5 matches)
- Melbourne Renegades (4 points from 3 matches)
- Hobart Hurricanes (4 points from 4 matches)
- Melbourne Stars (2 points from 3 matches)
- Adelaide Strikers (2 points from 4 matches)
- Sydney Thunder (2 points from 5 matches)
Matches Overview: Brisbane Heat
They’re positioned well on the leader board and are dominating every encounter. Four matches in, with only one loss, these guys are hotter than the temperatures have been lately. And that’s saying something.
Heat V Strikers (21/12)
- Final Score: Strikers (6/196) lost by 10 runs to Heat (5/206).
- Standout Player: Batsman Alex Ross smashed 64 runs from 36 balls.
- Bonus: Which team will snatch up this hidden talent?
Heat V Thunder (28/12)
- Final Score: Thunder (7/157) lost by 3 wickets to Heat (7/160).
- Standout Player: Chris Lynn – we told you to watch him, but maybe we should have told the Sydney team instead. Hitting a massive 85 runs from just 48 balls, this batting powerhouse turned the game around and heralded in the second win for the Heat’s season.
Heat V Hurricanes (30/12)
- Final Score: Hurricanes (9/173) lost by 7 wickets to Heat (3/174).
- Standout Player: The Lynn/McCullum partnership managed a crowd-pleasing 11 sixes between them, seeing Brisbane to a home victory.
- Bonus: Hurricanes player Clive Rose and Heat allrounder Ben Cutting duelled it out physically with a collision on the pitch.
Heat V Sixers (03/01)
- Final Score: Heat (6/186) lost by 3 wickets to Sixers (7/191).
- Standout Player: With such a solid score on the board from the Heat, no one expected the Sixers to surge ahead in the chase. Batsman Daniel Hughes set the standard, finishing with 85 from 55 balls.
Matches Overview: Melbourne Stars
It’s been a rocky start to the season for the Stars, but there’s still time to turn it around. They’ve put up a solid fight in every match so far, only just missing the win in the Finals rematch against Thunder on Wednesday night. We’re looking forward to seeing what Saturday’s game against the Melbourne Renegades will bring.
Stars V Hurricanes (26/12)
- Final Score: Hurricanes (4/188) lost by 7 wickets to Stars (3/191).
- Standout Player: Rob ‘Bobby’ Quiney kept pumping out the runs with a massive 75 off 43 balls, helping the Stars chase – and beat – a difficult total set by the Hurricanes.
Stars V Renegades (01/01)
- Final Score: Stars (9/151) lost by 7 runs to Renegades (4/171).
- The famous Melbourne rain interrupted play, so the D/L method was implemented, revising the target down to 159 runs from 18 overs.
- Standout Player: Allrounder James Faulkner bowled a solid game, only relinquishing 19 runs off his 4 overs.
Stars V Thunder (04/01)
- Final Score: Stars (8/166) lost by 6 wickets to Thunder (4/168).
- Standout Player: Kevin Pietersen got an impressive 7 fours and 2 sixes in a game that really was down to the wire. Also, shout out to wicketkeeper Sam Harper who pulled off a beauty of a catch to end Shane Watson’s night in the crease with only 3 runs to his name.