The Heat broke a bat, but they didn’t break our hearts. Meanwhile, the Stars showed how bright they can shine when the pressure’s on. The weekend brought some great matches – here’s our recap!
- Brisbane Heat (8 points from 5 matches)
- Perth Scorchers (6 points from 5 matches)
- Sydney Sixers (6 points from 5 matches)
- Melbourne Stars (4 points from 4 matches)
- Melbourne Renegades (4 points from 4 matches)
- Adelaide Strikers (4 points from 5 matches)
- Hobart Hurricanes (4 points from 6 matches)
- Sydney Thunder (4 points from 6 matches)
Match Overview: Melbourne Stars
The Stars are hitting their stride and moving up the ladder. Watch this space because these guys are matching up against the Adelaide Strikers on Tuesday in a massive double header with the WBBL.
Stars V Renegades (07/01)
- Final Score: Renegades (9/154) lost by 46 runs to Stars (7/200).
- Standout Player: Adam Zampa showed great form and consistency with the ball, bowling a solid 3-19.
Match Overview: Brisbane Heat
With the 2 teams sitting on top of the ladder going head to head in a dynamic match-up, the outcome of this game at the WACA was to set the scene for both teams moving forward. Luckily, the Heat tore up the pitch, winning by a mile and jumping ahead on the ladder. We can’t wait ‘til the Scorchers and Heat meet again at the Gabba in Brisbane on Wednesday!
Heat V Scorchers (05/01)
- Final Score: Scorchers (6/173) lost by 9 wickets to Heat (1/174).
- Standout Player: Chris Lynn burned the Scorchers with an absolutely insane 98* off 49 balls.
- The Bash Bros: The duo of Lynn and Brendon McCullum has been dubbed the “Bash Bros” and their on-field banter is almost as entertaining as their batting partnership.
- Bonus: We hope McCullum packed a few spare bats after this little mishap!
How’s your bowling form? If you aren’t on the leader board for the #nsplayoff yet, head over to the locker room and flick the ball to hit the stumps (and go in the draw to win great prizes!).