We’re getting to the pointy end of the fixtures for BBL|06 and things are starting to *ahem* heat up. And what’s this? The two NS Locker Room teams are fighting it out for the top spot on the ladder as we approach the finals!
- Melbourne Stars (8 points from 6 matches)
- Brisbane Heat (8 points from 6 matches)
- Perth Scorchers (8 points from 7 matches)
- Sydney Sixers (8 points from 7 matches)
- Sydney Thunder (6 points from 7 matches)
- Hobart Hurricanes (6 points from 7 matches)
- Melbourne Renegades (4 points from 6 matches)
- Adelaide Strikers (4 points from 6 matches)
Match Overview: Brisbane Heat
The Heat came head to head with the Scorchers again for an exciting rematch, this time at a sold-out home game. Unfortunately, the result wasn’t the same, but the Heat are still in a good place leading into the final matches.
Heat V Scorchers (11/01)
- Final Score: Heat (129) lost by 27 runs to Scorchers (5/156).
- Standout Player: The Heat were in a pickle with both members of the Bash Bros partnership (McCullum and Lynn) knocked from the game for various reasons. Mitchell Swepson continued a good run with the ball, getting a solid 2-22.
Match Overview: Melbourne Stars
Remember last week when we said to watch out for the Stars? Yeah, there was a reason for that. These guys have been showing some serious grit at every turn and it’s paying off.
Stars V Strikers (10/01)
- Final Score: Strikers (8/152) lost by 2 wickets to Stars (8/153).
- Standout Player: Ben Hilfenhaus proved he’s more than a bowler, stepping up to the crease and hitting the winning runs for the Stars.
Stars V Scorchers (14/01)
- Final Score: Scorchers (7/134) lost by 7 wickets to Stars (3/137).
- Standout Player: Michael Beer took the knife to his old team, bowling his most economical game yet. Helping take down the Scorchers’ top order, he ended up with 2 wickets and just 12 runs off his 4 overs bowled.
Heading out to a game? Make sure you stop by the NS Locker Room before it starts so you can pick up some prizes ahead of the match!