What goes on behind the closed doors of the Broncos’ locker room? We probably don’t want to know most of it. But we interviewed some of your favourite players anyway to get some *ahem* insights on life as a Bronx player.
10 Quick Questions with Darius Boyd
1. What’s been the highlight of your season so far?
The Round 1 win against Cronulla, good start to beat the defending premiers on their home ground.
2. What’s your pre-game ritual?
Usually to be busy, sometimes I get a haircut or have brekky with either my family or some of my teammates.
3. How do you celebrate a big win?
I just like to relax and soak it all in. You never know when your next one will be.
4. What inspired you to start playing?
I just loved the feeling of a team sport and winning.
5. If you could be on any team for any sport in the world, which would you choose?
Probably the Seahawks or Steelers in the NFL.
6. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve seen a teammate keep or do in the locker rooms?
One was scared of bananas. That’s weird!
7. What rule of your code would you ditch if you could?
No 7 tackles rule if attempting a drop goal.
8. How do you unwind after a season?
Usually go somewhere overseas to a hot, beach destination.
9. Do you have a lucky charm?
10. What one word would your teammates use to describe you?